This is a full and in-depth review of Z-Core PM by MusclePharm. Here at MaleTestosteroneBooster, we’ll cover its dosage, ingredients, side effects, and other important things you need to know about this product.
Z-Core is an interesting supplement. It claims to be a sleep aid and anabolic support formula, but its ingredients bring the latter into a serious question.
Let’s have a closer look ‘under the hood’ to see if it can really boost your testosterone like it claims.
Pros and Cons of
Z-Core PM is a cheap product, you can get it for just $17 dollars and it will last you around 2 months! It’s also a good sleep-aid, containing magnesium and melatonin which are shown to improve sleep quality.
But that’s all you’ll get from Z-Core PM. For boosting testosterone, there are far better options out there.
- Great price of $17 for a 1-month supply
- Easy to take – 1 or 2 capsules before bed
- Magnesium and melatonin improve sleep quality
- Only 1 ingredient that works for boosting low testosterone – zinc
- Missing Vitamin D3, D-Aspartic Acid, and Oyster Extract
- A low dose of magnesium, only 28.25% of RDA
- Only 1 daily serving
Z-Core PM’s main benefits are the improvement in sleep quality, as well a recovery.
Containing melatonin and magnesium, it will help your muscles stay relaxed, which will, in turn, make you fall asleep faster.
Its secondary function is that of a testosterone booster, however, we’re not so sure about that one. Keep reading to find out why…
- Deep and Restful Sleep
- Support of Natural Testosterone Levels
- Improvement in Muscle Strength and Recovery
Dosage | How To Use
For best results, it’s preferred if you take Z-Core PM 30-60 minutes before bed. The label also advises taking the product on an empty stomach for its full effects to kick in faster.
Men should take 1-2 capsules of the product daily. For women, on the other hand, the recommendation is 1 capsule per day.
As you can see, there’s only one daily serving of Z-Core PM. While this might be okay for a sleep-aid supplement, it’s definitely not the best in a testosterone boosting product.
Why is that?
Simply put, you want to give your body a constant supply of T-boosting nutrients. You can do this by taking the product 3 or 4 times per day, 1 capsule after each meal for example.
But with only 1 serving, you’ll give your body a one-time “delivery” and that’s it. Your testosterone levels might go up for a few hours, and then you’re back to where you started.
There are only 6 ingredients in Z-Core PM by MusclePharm. This wouldn’t be a problem, if all of these ingredients were powerful and effective. But this isn’t the case.
Out of all the ingredients, we only have magnesium, zinc, and melatonin which are actually effective. Magnesium and melatonin help your muscles and nerves relax, while zinc helps maintain natural testosterone levels.
However, zinc alone isn’t enough to boost your testosterone. You want a combination of at least 3-4 natural ingredients to experience any real results.
Vitamin D3, D-Aspartic Acid, and Oyster extract are some of the best testosterone boosting ingredients out there. And they are missing in Z-Core PM.
So while this product is okay for improving sleep, it’s questionable how well it will perform at boosting low testosterone.
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”raised” width=”auto” height=”px” background_color=”#fb7373″ border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]
- Vitamin B6 – necessary for our survival, Vitamin B6 plays an important role in many bodily functions, including hormone regulation. But it doesn’t work for people who aren’t deficient in it.
- Magnesium (Aspartate) – A great ingredient for not only improving your sleep quality, but for overall health too. But with only 28.25% of RDA of magnesium inside of Z-Core PM, it won’t give you its full benefits.
- Zinc (Aspartate) – Along with D3 and DAA, zinc is one of the best ingredients in a T-booster, and for a good reason. It regulates testosterone production, boosts the immune system, and promotes anti-oxidation in the body.
- Copper (Glycinate) – Another mineral important for regulating antioxidative enzymes in the body. Don’t expect some huge benefits from this ingredient though, as Z-Core PM only contains 0.5% of its RDA. It’s here primarily to help prevent any deficiencies.
- Proprietary Trigonella Foenum Greacum Extract – This is just a fancy name for Fenugreek Extract. It’s a well-known ingredient shown to promote libido, and it’s said to promote natural testosterone production, but more evidence is needed to confirm this.
- Melatonin – A great ingredient for improving and prolonging sleep. Within 30 minutes of taking it, you’ll notice your body becoming heavier and you’ll feel more tired. It makes some people feel groggy the next morning though, so be careful not to overdo it with the dosage.
Some users reported only a few minor side effects from taking Z-Core PM. They are;
- Extremely vivid dreams
- A hangover-like feeling in the morning
What Others Say
Most users say Z-Core PM by MusclePharm is an okay product. It helped them achieve a deeper sleep, and some even reported a faster recovery from workouts.
But then there are people who reported that this product didn’t work for them, or worse yet, it gave them some side effects. Ironically, there were users who experienced insomnia from taking Z-Core PM by MusclePharm.
Let’s have a look at some of the user reviews.
“This stuff gives me weird dreams. I took most of a bottle to see if I’d get used to it, but I didn’t. I sleep better without it.” – SY (Amazon Customer)
“Good stuff. I have used several ZMA products this one seems to be one of the better ones. Sleep come seats but you will have vivid dreams but that is a side effect of ZMA in general.” – Joseph Calouche (Amazon Customer)
“It says serving size is 2. Which contains less Zinc, and magnesium than other ZMA supps. It claims there’s 3mg of melatonin per pill. I take 5mg of melatonin each night and get really sleepy after the ZMA kicks in. However, Muscle Pharm’s 6mg (in 2 pills) doesn’t do a thing. I never feel sleepy, even at the pills. Nothing….recovery? Not sure, took it for weeks and was still sore AF.” – Spooby (Amazon Customer)
“Be careful. This stuff will help you sleep. But you will be groggy all morning. It would take hours to get rid of the haze.” – Thott (Amazon Customer)
So is Z-Core PM by MusclePharm the product for you? Well, the answer to this questions depends on several things. First off, you need to see what you want in a product like this one.
If your goal is to improve your sleep, then sure, Z-Core PM could help you with that.
But if you’re looking to boost testosterone, then you might want to check other options before choosing this one.
Here’s a quick recap for you:
- Too few T-boosting ingredients – we were disappointed to see Vitamin D3, DAA, and other key T-boosting ingredients missing in this product.
- Uses Melatonin and Magnesium – great ingredients for relaxing your muscles and helping you go to sleep faster.
- Contains Fenugreek – this is a good libido enhancer and even a T-booster to some extent, but don’t expect miracles from it.
Looking for better options? See the suggestions below:
[alert type=”success” icon-size=”hide-icon”]
Testosterone Guides and Articles
At MaleTestosteroneBooster, it’s our aim to help you get the most out of your life by helping you boost your testosterone levels. We all know what it’s like to feel suboptimal in the bedroom, the gym, and in everyday life when your confidence is lacking. This is why I’ve put together the below guides to help you reach your goals! Why not check them out, you may find just what you’re looking for.
- Testosterone Guide – A complete (easy to digest) guide on how testosterone production works.
- Testosterone Boosters – A list of all the main ingredients found in testosterone enhancers, along with my favorite and what I’m currently using.