From Twinlab comes ZMA Fuel, a ZMA formula which claims to elevate your hormone levels and promote strength in your workouts.
We couldn’t help but wonder, since when ZMA formulas do directly boost testosterone levels? Studies have shown us that you need a mix of various ingredients and nutrients if you want to naturally raise your testosterone levels.
These include Vitamin D3, Fenugreek, and D-Aspartic Acid – all of which Twinlab ZMA Fuel is missing. With only 3 main ingredients, Twinlab ZMA Fuel’s claims come under a serious question.
But there’s only one way to ascertain if the claims are true; by checking the ingredients, side effects, and benefits listed by the users!
See for yourself:
Pros and Cons of Twinlab ZMA Fuel
- Contains bioavailable forms of zinc and magnesium, meaning they will be optimally absorbed in your body.
- Vitamin B6 can aid in recovery and sleep improvement in people who are deficient in this vitamin.
- Contains an aggressive dose of zinc – 30 mg, some users have reported negative side effects from this dosage.
- Incomplete ingredient profile for boosting testosterone – missing vitamin D3, D-Aspartic Acid, and Fenugreek, among other crucial ingredients.
Twinlab claims that ZMA Fuel will enhance your hormone levels, promote hormone production, and increase your strength as a result.
Are these claims correct? We’ll know once we look at the servings and the ingredients in the product!
Dosage | How To Use
You should take 3 capsules of Twinlab ZMA Fuel daily if you’re a man, and 2 if you’re a woman. Aim at taking the pills on an empty stomach, ideally before bed with a glass of water.
Since there are no instructions saying how many pills you should take at once, we’re going to presume you can take whatever amount you want, as long as it doesn’t exceed 3 capsules per day.
In this case, we recommend splitting the dosage into 3 daily servings. Meaning, you take 1 capsule in the morning, 1 during lunch, and 1 before bed.
And why is that, you ask?
Well, if you think about it, how long can one daily serving of a testosterone booster stay in your system? Not very long!
That’s why you want to have as many servings as possible – ideally 4. That’s what the best testosterone booster on the market use.
So even if we split the 3 capsules from Twinlab ZMA Fuel, it’s still not the optimal amount. But hey, we’ll give credit where credit is due – it’s still much better than what most testosterone boosters offer!
Among the ingredients in Twinlab ZMA Fuel, we have the standard ZMA formula consisting of Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc. Along with a small amount of protein (1g).
This is a standard combo in most ZMA formulas, so there’s not much to say about it here – other than it works.
It’s great for improving your sleep and recovery, which can indirectly affect your testosterone levels. However, it’s not the most potent natural formula for boosting testosterone on the market – so don’t expect miracles from it.
As we see it, Twinlab has created ZMA Fuel for customers who want a slight improvement in their sleep, along with enhanced muscle recovery.
But if you’re looking to directly boost your testosterone, you’re going to need more ingredients for it to work. We’re talking D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D3, Fenugreek, and Oyster Extract. These are the key ingredients which, when taken in optimal doses, take your testosterone to the next level – literally.
Let’s have a closer look at each ingredient below…
- Vitamin B6 – This is a standard addition to any ZMA formula. Vitamin B6 plays a key role in numerous bodily functions, among which are testosterone production and regulation. But the bad news is, it doesn’t work in people who aren’t deficient in it. So unless you’re a hardcore vegan or an older person, there’s not much you can get out of this ingredient.
- Magnesium – This is a mineral important for muscle, nerve, and heart health. If you don’t consume enough of magnesium through food, supplementation is a must. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to low testosterone, among other health problems.
- Zinc – Zinc in Twinlab ZMA Fuel comes in a great form, which is zinc aspartate and monomethionine. These are very bioavailable forms of zinc, meaning they are optimally absorbed by your body. However, ZMA Fuel contains 30mg of zinc, which is 200% of the recommended daily allowance. This is an aggressive dose which could cause negative side effects in some people.
What Others Say
“I took this for 2 weeks. I cannot attest to whether it helped me fall asleep easier. The one thing, for me, that I did notice with consistency is that I woke up each morning feeling very groggy and what I assumed “drugged” may feel like. I read other reviews and found a few others indicating the same thing. However, there are numerous positive reviews so it’s up to you to do your due diligence. I have not taken the pills in 2 days and my morning “wake-up” routine is back to normal. I am going to take 2 wks off and then try taking the pills once again and will add to this review should I notice any different outcome.” – Texas (Amazon Customer)
“Great product but don’t forget to cycle off it from time to time. Chronic use can affect copper levels if stacked with multivitamins.” – Shawn Michael (Amazon Customer)
“Honestly I haven’t noticed much in terms of effects, positive or negative. Still, it’s relatively cheap so I’ll probably continue to take it.” – RdStrcklnd (Amazon Customer)
As we’ve already mentioned in the ingredients section, Twinlab ZMA Fuel contains a high dose of zinc (30mg). Zinc doses higher than 10mg have been linked with the following side effects;
- Stomach Pain
Conclusion to Twinlab ZMA Fuel
Twinlab ZMA Fuel can be a great product for some, and terrible for others. It all depends on what your goals are.
If you’re looking to improve your sleep and recovery from workouts, then ZMA combo is a way to go. It’s relatively cheap and it does its job – giving you a slightly better sleep than usual.
But if you’re looking for a safe and effective testosterone booster, then this is where Twinlab ZMA Fuel will disappoint you.
With only 3 main ingredients, it’s missing key nutrients that will help you raise your T-levels – including Vitamin D3, D-Aspartic Acid, and Fenugreek. It also uses a high dose of zinc which makes this product far from safe for some users.
If you’re in a search for real testosterone boosters, then why not check our top 3 page. This is where we listed the best testosterone boosters we’ve come across after months of research and hundreds of products tested by our team of experts.
See the best testo boosters right now:
[alert type=”success” icon-size=”hide-icon”]
Testosterone Guides and Articles
At MaleTestosteroneBooster, it’s our aim to help you get the most out of your life by helping you boost your testosterone levels. We all know what it’s like to feel suboptimal in the bedroom, the gym, and in everyday life when your confidence is lacking. This is why I’ve put together the below guides to help you reach your goals! Why not check them out, you may find just what you’re looking for.
- Testosterone Guide – A complete (easy to digest) guide on how testosterone production works.
- Testosterone Boosters – A list of all the main ingredients found in testosterone enhancers, along with my favorite and what I’m currently using.