Test Freak testosterone booster by PharmaFreak is a vitamin, mineral, and proprietary-blend combo which claims to help you naturally raise testosterone. Along with increasing your strength and muscle mass.
Here at MaleTestosteroneBooster, we’ll take a look at the benefits, results, ingredients, and side effects of Test Freak testosterone booster. We’ll also have a look at its customer reviews.
Since this product contains a proprietary blend, many users wonder if the ingredients of Test Freak are safe and will they cause any side effects.
That’s what we’re going to look into today – in detail.
Pros and Cons of Test Freak by PharmaFreak
Sadly, there more cons than pros with Test Freak testosterone booster.
Worse yet, zinc could be too highly dosed without you knowing – causing you adverse side effects.
- Contains zinc and Stinging Nettle which positively impact testosterone
- Uses Magnesium and B6 which aid in sleep and recovery
- Main ingredients hide under proprietary blends (you can’t tell the dosage of each ingredient)
- Contains Tribulus, an ingredient that causes side effects to male prostate
- You have to cycle it on and off every 8 weeks – an indication of potentially harmful ingredients in the product
Benefits and results that PharmaFreak claim, in regards to Test Freak;
- Improved Muscle Growth and Strength
- Naturally Increased Testosterone Levels
- Higher Libido
Let’s find out if Test Freak testosterone booster can really help you achieve these results – by looking at the dosage and ingredients.
Further Reading: A Guide on Using Testosterone Enhancers
Dosage | How To Use
The way you take Test Freak is simple: 4 capsules on an empty stomach before bed.
It’s safe to take it every day for up to 8 weeks. After this, you have to cycle it off for minimum 2 weeks.
It’s clear that PharmaFrek have decided for a more aggressive route of taking their product, Test Freak.
Usually, high-quality testosterone boosters contain natural and safe ingredients, which allow you to take the product as long as you want without any side effects.
With Test Freak, it’s a different story; it obviously contains something not-so-safe since you have to stop taking it after 8 weeks of use.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients to find out what that is.
Test Freak ingredients – are they of high quality?
First of all, the product comes with 3 proprietary blends and 3 separate ingredients.
However, the rest of the key ingredients in this product hide under proprietary blends. This means you can’t tell their individual dosages.
Companies that use proprietary blends typically don’t have the best of intentions. They use these blends to mask their ingredient dosages so they can put cheap and ineffective stuff.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin B6 – involved in energy metabolism, not that important unless you’re lacking vitamin B6 in your diet. [5, 6] See my full review of this nutrient here; Will Vitamin B6 Increase Your Testosterone Levels?
- Magnesium – makes your muscles and nerves more relaxed, giving you a restful sleep. It can also help with testosterone production, if you’re deficient in it.  More on magnesium here; Magnesium’s Impact on Testosterone.
- Zinc – one of the more important test-boosting ingredients, since it plays an important role in hormone production. It also boosts immunity, regulates skin and hair health, and more. Want to know more about zinc? See my in-depth article here; Everything You Need to Know About Zinc and Testosterone.
Proprietary Blend 1
- Fenugreek – an awesome natural ingredient that raises test levels and libido, but it’s a part of a proprietary blend in Test Freak so we can’t tell how effective it really is. 
- Tribulus Terrestris – not only an ineffective ingredient in boosting T-levels, but also a dangerous one; it causes an enlarged prostate in some men. 
Proprietary Blend 2
- Saw Palmetto Extract – Another ingredient that has no benefits for testosterone whatsoever. It’s long been believed to raise testosterone levels, however, new studies prove this isn’t the case. The only benefit you might get from Saw Palmetto is the suppression of Tribulus’ negative effects on the prostate. However, since neither of these ingredients have any real benefits for testosterone, we don’t see a point of including them in Test Freak.
- Stinging Nettle – While it’s not as effective as D-AA or Vitamin D3, Stinging Nettle is certainly a great addition to a testosterone booster. Why? Simply put, it binds with sex hormone binding globulin, which in turn promotes higher free testosterone levels in your body. More on stinging nettle here; How Stinging Nettle Affects Your Male Hormone.
Proprietary Blend 3
- Hesperidin – found in citrus fruits, especially in orange peel, Hesperidin improves circulation and even brain function. 
- Apigenin – A bioflavonoid, Apigenin helps reduce anxiety by making you feel sedated.
- Resveratrol – thought to have anti-aging effects, but no real benefits for testosterone. 
You Might Like: An In-Depth Guide to Testosterone
Test Freak Side Effects
Test Freak testosterone booster side effects – what the users have to say?
In their reviews, customers reported experiencing various side effects. They range from minor ones like;
- Sweat that has a sweet scent
- Minor headaches
- Trouble falling asleep
To more concerning side effects, such as;
- Hair loss
- Swollen testes
- Mood Swings
It’s no wonder users have experienced these side effects; Test Freak is made up of proprietary blends which, for all we know, could contain dangerous doses of some ingredients.
If you want to avoid these side effects, we recommend starting with a lower dose of this product. Such as 1 or 2 capsules per day.
Can the Ingredients in Test Freak Cause Hair Loss?
Some users wonder if Test Freak can cause side effects such as hair loss. After digging a little deeper, we’ve found no direct link between this product and hair loss in men.
As long as you start with the safe dosage as I suggested, you shouldn’t experience any of these side effects from Test Freak.
What Others Say – Test Freak Testosterone Booster Reviews
Here we have Test Freak reviews by customers. Let’s have a look at what some of them had to say;
Andy (Amazon Customer)
“This did nothing for me. I work out 4 to 5 days a week and eat pretty good and didn’t notice any difference while taking this. Don’t waste your money. Especially for the price they are charging. Unfortunately, I missed the window to get a refund. Try something else.”
Alex (Amazon Customer)
“I’m not sure what to think about this one, but here it goes. If you follow the instructions, with a very strict diet, and a hardcore workout (2 days high-intensity cardio, 2 days weight lifting), then I kid you not, I transformed my body. Six pack and all for the first time in my life. However, was it my training, and diet? Was it the pills? Was it a combination? I’m not sure, so I’m stopping after my second bottle and maintain my gains. Another thing it did for me, dead sleep, and I mean dead asleep to the point my girl would have to shove me to wake me. After a good 8 to 10 hours of sleep, I would still wake up hazy. Oh, and did I mention the craziest dreams ever? One more thing it did, boners… raging, hardcore, morning wood.”
Earl (Amazon Customer)
“I’ve used this product before with good results. Less expensive products don’t seem to do the trick. This just has a weird smell that comes out when I sweat. Otherwise, I’m happy with this product.” –
Gabriel (Amazon Customer)
“Tried the stuff (as directed) and quite frankly I think it was horrible. Made me stink made my urine smell like acid. And the entire time I took it I was sick. It made me very sleepy all the time no matter the amount of sleep I got. Will never again take the stuff. I am the average guy who works out about four times a week. Showed zero improvements in the gym. I do not believe this stuff is for the average person. It may prove better for the elite muscle bound mastodon.”
Conclusion to TestFreak by PharmaFeak
Here’s our conclusion to TestFreak testosterone booster supplement;
Will this product improve your health, energy levels, and give you better results in the gym? Possibly. Will it boost your testosterone, and can it compare to the most effective testosterone enhancers on the market? Probably not!
Containing shady proprietary blends, using aggressive ingredients like Tribulus, and having no serious benefits for testosterone. Test Freak is yet another disappointment in a sea of testosterone boosters that promise a lot, but don’t deliver.
If you’re serious about boosting your testosterone, then you might want to check our T-enhancing guide, where we look at the science behind the best natural ingredients and explain how each affects the male hormone.
[showhide type=”links” more_text=”Show References” less_text=”Hide References”]
 Effects of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA) Supplementation on Training Adaptations and Markers of Anabolism and Catabolism.  Dietary Zinc Acts as a Sleep Modulator.  The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial.  Magnesium in man: implications for health and disease.  Vitamin B-6, Patrick J Stover* and Martha S Field.  B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review; David O. Kennedy.  Therapeutic applications of fenugreek - NCBI.  Insights into Supplements with Tribulus Terrestris used by Athletes.  Biological effects of hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid. (Note I): antiinflammatory and analgesic activity.  The therapeutic potential of resveratrol: a review of clinical trials.
[alert type=”success” icon-size=”hide-icon”]
Testosterone Guides and Articles
At MaleTestosteroneBooster, it’s our aim to help you get the most out of your life by helping you boost your testosterone levels. We all know what it’s like to feel suboptimal in the bedroom, the gym, and in everyday life when your confidence is lacking. This is why I’ve put together the below guides to help you reach your goals! Why not check them out, you may find just what you’re looking for.
- Testosterone Guide – A complete (easy to digest) guide on how testosterone production works.
- Testosterone Boosters – A list of all the main ingredients found in testosterone enhancers, along with my favorite and what I’m currently using.