NOW Foods is a veteran supplement company known for their cost-friendly products. They make a wide range of supplements, from joint health products, to testosterone boosting formulas.
One of these products is Men’s Virility Power, which is thought to be a libido and testosterone-boosting supplement. However, since it comes at a relatively cheap price like most of NOW’s products, it makes us wonder if the quality of the ingredients is sacrificed.
Most of the time, you get what you pay for. So is that the case here with NOW Men’s Virility Power? Let’s take a look at its ingredients and side effects to find out!
Pros and Cons of NOW Men’s Virility Power
- It’s cheap
- Made by a reputable company
- All ingredients are shown
- Doesn’t use any ingredients that boost testosterone
- Low daily dosage, only 1 capsule per day – not enough for sustained benefits
- The effects are mild at best
NOW Men’s Virility Power is a daily herbal formula designed to support your testosterone levels and libido.
However, we’re not so sure about the first claim. Once you see the ingredients, you’ll know why.
Dosage | How To Use
1 capsule with water, 1-2 hours before bed. That’s how you take NOW Men’s Virility Power.
We really like the simplicity of this product. If you’re a busy person and don’t have time to take multiple servings per day, then 1 capsule, once daily is ideal for you.
However, this is a double-edged sword, because if you want to keep your testosterone elevated throughout the day, you’ll need more than just 1 serving.
So while Men’s Virility Power is easy to take, it’s lost its effectiveness due to such a low number of servings.
Whether that’s good or bad, depends on your goals. If you’re looking for a simple solution to raise your sex drive, Men’s Virility Power should do okay in that regards. But in terms of boosting testosterone in the long-term, this is where the product fails to deliver.
We like that every ingredient in Men’s Virility Power is clearly listed for you to see. The same thing is with the dosages.
It’s good to know that there aren’t any proprietary blends in the product. This means the producers were confident to show everything up front – a great policy if you ask us.
The ingredients in NOW Men’s Virility Power are mostly natural aphrodisiacs. We also have some cognitive enhancers such as ginkgo biloba here and there. However, there’s no sign of testosterone boosting ingredients in the product.
As a result, NOW Men’s Virility Power will only affect your libido but not testosterone.
- Horny Goat Weed – It promotes a healthy blood flow to your penis, resulting in improved erections.
- Muria Puama – South American herb used to boost libido, mostly in elderly men.
- Maca – This is another South American herb, and arguably the most effective ingredient in this product. It’s shown to promote sex drive and libido in men.
- Tribulus Terrestris – Now this is an ingredient we don’t like. NOW have started great with their choice of ingredients, but this is where it ends. Tribulus Terrestris is notorious for causing prostate problems in men. It’s shown to increase the weight of your prostate, making it enlarged which can cause further health complications. A definite no-no ingredient on the list.
- Panax Ginseng – There was a common belief that Panax Ginseng helps boost testosterone, however studies show this isn’t actually true. At best, this ingredient will slightly improve your libido.
- Damiana – Another South Ameican herb touted to boost libido in older gentlemen.
- Gingko Biloba – We aren’t sure why this ingredient would be included in a testosterone booster, because it neither boosts testosterone, or libido. It would make more sense to put Gingko in a nootropic since it promotes memory and cognitive function.
- Cayenne Pepper – Another pointless ingredient in a testosterone booster. Cayenne is an aggressive metabolism stimulant, meaning it makes your metabolism work harder. That’s about as far as you’ll get with it.
What Others Say
“I’m 52 and notice things aren’t as strong as they once were. Started 1 per day for the 1st week than bumped to 2 per day since and with the exception of one morning a few days ago, there’s been no difference whatsoever. I’ll keep trying them and will update if something changes, but, as of right now, not impressed…” – iHerb Customer
“Currently, I am taking two capsules daily. Morning erections are stronger and my penis is a bit thicker even when flaccid. I have not had intercourse yet so I can not comment regarding stamina, arousal etc. If I were to improve it, I would make it more concentrated if the price would not increase.” – iHerb Customer
“The dosages could have been a lil stronger, however, the best thing about this product is that it doesn’t cause any adverse skin conditions for me. I would say Now Foods is a brand I would stand behind. . . even if its products’ potency is at times just adequate and not superb!” – iHerb Customer
“The effect is not that fantastic as proclaimed. Taken pill 2 hours before bedtime and no significant effect when needed. However, on waking up after a good night sleep, then the effect will kick in. it helps to improve the hardness.” – iHerb Customer
Users haven’t reported any side effects from taking NOW Men’s Virility Power.
However, we still suggest caution because of Tribulus Terrestris that’s in the product. As you may or may not know, this ingredient has been causing a lot of problems to men – aggravating their prostate.
So unless you’re sure you can tolerate aggressive ingredients, talk with your doctor before ingesting Tribulus Terrestris.
Conclusion to NOW Men’s Virility Power
NOW Men’s Virility power isn’t some groundbreaking supplement, but it’s not a terrible one either.
We’re talking about a cheap and relatively effective product made by a highly reputable company. If you’re looking to slightly improve your erections and sex drive for a small price, then NOW Men’s Virility Power is the way to go.
But for more serious results, such as a surge in testosterone, muscle growth, and strength, you’ll have to check more potent testosterone boosters.
[alert type=”success” icon-size=”hide-icon”]
Testosterone Guides and Articles
At MaleTestosteroneBooster, it’s our aim to help you get the most out of your life by helping you boost your testosterone levels. We all know what it’s like to feel suboptimal in the bedroom, the gym, and in everyday life when your confidence is lacking. This is why I’ve put together the below guides to help you reach your goals! Why not check them out, you may find just what you’re looking for.
- Testosterone Guide – A complete (easy to digest) guide on how testosterone production works.
- Testosterone Boosters – A list of all the main ingredients found in testosterone enhancers, along with my favorite and what I’m currently using.